My view #0.2: Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn


Reading Gone Girl was not my cup of tea, who tend to read romance history like Annie's Song and watch chick flick on Saturday, thus it become unpleasant time for me, but I just can't put it down. I need some justification, I want somebody to help Amy, to help Nick. I think I need to hate the writer -which this should be my compliment-. I hate that such problem does exist. 

While reading, I am in constant turmoil. I like Nick, I hate Nick, I pity Nick, I fell for Nick, I want to hug Nick, I want to hug Amy, I want to make she cry, I hate Amy, I ... Amy. I ... Nick. I ... Margo.. I am complete useless...

I hate Nick for being helpless, but Amy pretend being 'the cool women' from the beginning. Nick should married with somebody who ... I don't know. Andi maybe, well yes Andi, not Amy. He got the last three letters wrong.

I despise Nick for his infidelity, which explain why Amy's scheme are reasonable for me but she go too far. She take revenge in other people expense. I agree when Nick said that they should get divorce, Amy should file the divorce, ask for it when she uncover his incompetent husband infidelity. I seconds my word unarguably and freak out how Amy twist the whole situation... Getting pregnant.

Amy is a coward, she can't live alone. Nick wasn't responsible, don't he care about the baby? But Amy might kill it or physically abuse the child if Nick leave. Damn Nick, go kill Amy. Through the book, I tried to make way for Nick to leave Amy before she got pregnant and after he got out from the jail. He could! He can write his book -*1-, but when no body will support him -*2-, he could publish it by his own or ask Margo to blog it. Well, Amy might already arrange the path for him to the jail. For death. I don't know, Amy is the one who graduate from Harvard and Yale. 

*1 - damn, they are both writer
*2 - shit, he got that guy. I don't recall who

I don't know how I feel about Amy. You can't ignore her, as she is the complete antagonist in Nick life's. I hate her because she thinks life revolves only around her. She need to hold the control and never lost it. I pitied her as she feel the need to satisfied her parents, to be the Amazing Amy. Oh my, she might end up in the psychiatric hospital or even jail. We can't help her, she is fiction! (Oh, the irony) So, am I going there? 

I read Part 1, half of Part 2 and jump to Part 3... with seriously hope that Amy stop her scheme, when Nick realize his mistake. But then, Nick does not understand what Amy think and he of course not a mind reader. Even Amy, can't speak out her frustration. While I, the reader, keep twisting the whole story to match my plot of story. 

At certain part, I wish I had done with the book. Which indeed I really stop reading unfortunately I found out, I am alone and got nothing to do, thus push me into keep reading. It is a very good book, and you will wish them to not be married because both of them doesn't appreciate their marriage, doesn't care about each other, doesn't want to know each other. They both want to top each other. So.... go marry a doctor.

Now Playing: Avril Lavingne - Let Go (2002) album

ps: I dedicated Sam Smith - I'm not the only one as the number one playlist for this book. They well damn match in a way I really hate it.. *infidelity


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...